Banana heart, 1 piece, chopped and rinsed in salt and water
Lentils, about 1/2 cup
Tofu, 1 slab, cut into cubes
Garlic, about 5 cloves, chopped
Onion, 1 piece, chopped
Red bell pepper, cut into strips
Soy sauce, 5 tbsp
Honey, 5 tbsp
Cumin, 1 tbsp
Dried Thyme, 1 tbsp
1. In a casserole, boil the lentils until tender.
2. In a wok, fry the onion, garlic, and tofu.
3. Season with soy sauce, honey, thyme, and cumin
4. Add in the lentils (including the water they were boiled from) and the banana heart. Simmer until tender.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
6. Garnish with slivers of red bell pepper
For the Pork Steak
Honey, 3 tbsp
1. Prepare the steak rub by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Rub on both sides of the pork, or for best results marinate overnight.
3. Fry in low heat on a wok.